Caroline Cunningham (Artist, Blogger, and Author, acting also as Authentic Reflexology) recognises that your privacy is important and is committed to respecting your privacy. The information you submit will be kept confidential and will be protected using the highest standards of security and used in accordance with European General Data Protection Regulations (G.D.P.R.), with effect from May 25th 2018.
What type of data is collected and stored by Caroline Cunningham:
Contact details (name, email address, postal address and phone number) via any or all of the following:
- contact form on our website
- newsletter sign-ups or on our website
- as a result of direct contact by the client seeking our services and products
- as a result of provision of contact details during an event
If you choose Authentic Reflexology therapy service we will collect your health details on our consultation forms as per regulations provided by Irish Reflexologists’ Institute Ltd (I.R.I.L.) the professional body of which Caroline Cunningham is a member.
Photographs of you which you have given permission for use in Caroline Cunninghams marketing campaigns or for feature on Caroline Cunninghams website or blogs.
NOTE: Caroline Cunningham does not retain or have access to any credit card or banking details of clients who purchase via her online shop or via online shops of external suppliers of her work or via any other electronic payment system. PayPal is the trusted supplier of online shopping on Caroline Cunningham dot com website.
What is the purpose of retaining the information that you provide:
Personal information provided by you to Caroline Cunningham will only be used for the following purposes appropriate to the services or products you have obtained from Caroline Cunningham:
- Delivering therapies and services such as mentoring/tutoring
- Booking Appointments
- Delivering products such as art work and books
- Responding to your queries
- Billing (Invoicing and receipts)
- Marketing such as sign up for email newsletters (but only if you have agreed to this)
- Social Media use of photographs containing your image whereby you have given consent that these can used for publicity within Caroline Cunningham’s marketing campaigns (such as photographs taken during events or exhibitions)
Where Data is Stored:
Authentic Reflexology client health records (as recorded during consultation and subsequent treatments) are recorded only on paper and stored within a locked filing cabinet at Knockevagh, Rathvilly, Co. Carlow, Ireland. The key holder is Caroline Cunningham and the key is secured at all times by Caroline Cunningham.
All other records (e.g. Name and contact details/photos) are stored on Caroline Cunningham’s electronic devices (such as laptop/phone) and all devices are protected with passwords only known to Caroline Cunningham.
With regards to your contact details being used for receiving marketing emails from Caroline Cunningham and Authentic Reflexology these will only be maintained with your voluntary opt-in using a trusted system (such as Mail Chimp). You have the option to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each newsletter.
Who has access to your records and why:
Caroline Cunningham (Authentic Reflexology) is the only person who will have access to client health records as recorded on reflexology consultation sheets. Your client health records will not be shared with any commercial organisation or therapist under any circumstances.
With regards to data that is not health related, your records may need to be accessed by trusted professionals e.g. accountants/IT professionals for the purposes of fulfilling our business duties and operations e.g. Marketing. Caroline Cunningham requests all these third parties to have in place their own G.D.P.R. policies, fully up to date as per European standards. Similarly if and when staff is employed by Caroline Cunningham they will be bound to the standards of this document and regulations.
We may also be required under law to surrender records to a legal authority. We will inform you of any such request unless it is forbidden by law.
Please understand, it is not possible to treat you or to deliver the services and products you request, if we cannot hold any records on you at all.
How long is data retained?
All health and accountancy records must be retained for a period of 6 years. However, all records will be destroyed at any time if you request it in writing. Contact details that are no longer relevant to the business of Caroline Cunningham will be reviewed and destroyed after one year and similarly marketing email lists will be reviewed and updated with only those who wish to remain connected with Caroline Cunningham.
- You can request to see all our records on you at any time.
- If you think some information is incorrect, or not needed for the purposes outlined above, you may request that we amend it or destroy it.
- You can request us to destroy all records that we hold on you.
- Please allow up to 14 days for us to comply.
- Since requests for destruction or amendment of records are regarded as important changes you should send all requests in writing via registered post (See Data Controller contact details)
Caroline Cunningham (Data Controller) may be contacted for all matters relating to your personal records. All requests for destruction of records or requests to receive or amend records should be made by registered post to Caroline Cunningham at Knockevagh, Rathvilly, Co. Carlow, Ireland